A few weeks back I looked back at 2013 and the challenges I’d set and how well I’d got on. It’s now time to look forward again. I know I’ve done this a couple of times already but my goals are now set in stone.
I started the new year after being ill for several days. That meant that I was unable to be very active and that combined with festive excesses meant that getting the scales yesterday provided bad news!! Over 13 stone again! Darn!! Have no one to blame but myself though and hopefully over the next month or so I can get back down to my target weight of around 12 1/2 stone.
In terms of races and events in 2014, I’ve decided to stick to 8 for the year. This is partly so that I don’t overdo things but also so that I don’t miss many Junior parkruns through the year.
Here are the events I’ve got on my plan:
- Reading Half Marathon (2nd March)
- Eastleigh 10K (23rd March) – going for a PB although could be a challenge the day after my 45th birthday!
- Brighton Marathon (6th April) – eek
- Blenheim Sprint Triathlon (8 June)
- Thunder Run (26/27 July)
- Challenge Weymouth Half Triathlon (14th September)
- HOWSC Olympic Triathlon (28th September)
- Gosport Half Marathon (November)
Will also do as many of the TryTri aquathlons at Lakeside as I can and as many parkruns as possible! Hoping to get to 100 parkruns at some point in 2014.
Although there are some old favourites in the mix (Eastleigh 10K and Gosport Half), there are some big challenges (notably Brighton Marathon, Thunder Run and Challenge Weymouth Half Triathlon) ahead.